Pyramid is the twenty-fourth and final episode in Season Eight 8 of NCIS and the 186th of the series as a whole.
This episode also marks the final appearance of SecNav Phillip Davenport, NCIS Special Agent Gayne Levin and Lieutenant Jonas Cobb respectively.
As Jonas Cobb, the "Port to Port" killer continues his revenge against those responsible for Operation Frankenstein, the NCIS team struggle to stop Cobb once and for all but things spin out of control when Cobb takes two personnel associated with NCIS hostage, forcing the team into a deadly game of cat and mouse against Cobb as they fight to save their kidnapped colleagues before it's too late.
The episode opens with a preview of what happened over the previous episode: NCIS Director Leon Vance telling NCIS Special Agent Leroy Jethro Gibbs about the Port-to-Port Killer while Agent Erica Jane Barrett tells Gibbs and Anthony DiNozzo that it's her killer, her case.
A bartender gives Tony and Agent Ziva David a drink, only for Tony and Ziva to discover it contains a human eyeball. Later, Medical Examiner Assistant James Palmer uses the eyeball and discovers that it can access MTAC.
Meanwhile, Gibbs and DiNozzo with CIA agent Trent Kort, the owner of the missing eyeball who tells them that the Port-to-Port Killer has a name: Lieutenant Jonas Cobb.
Later, Cobb emerges and attacks Michael Franks before stabbing Franks fatally and fleeing while Gibbs later cradles Franks's lifeless body and mutters, "Oh, Mike", obviously in disbelief over what's happened.
Cade and Levin are both shot and hit the ground while Cobb emerges and starts struggling with Barrett while holding a gun against Barrett's face with Barrett horrified, ending the preview.
A while later, Gibbs and DiNozzo now wearing NCIS body armor and wielding flashlights as well as their respective SIG-Sauers arrive at the warehouse and begin searching for Barrett and her team.
- Rule 16 is revealed to be: "If someone thinks they have the upper hand, break it".
- It's revealed that Abby has had motion-sense lights installed in her lab, lights that can be turned on or off whenever she claps her hands.
- It's also shown that Vance had has his office modified to have a Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility or (SCIF) so that even the most secretive of cases or information can be discussed without any outside interference.
- Kerr Smith who plays Jonas Cobb is credited as a Special Guest Star although in the episode, he's credited as "Special Guest Starring" which is a possible mistake.
- Agent Barrett is seen scrubbing her neck furiously to remove the marker line. Later you can barely see it, but her neck isn't red at all from all the scrubbing.
- Ziva is the only team member not present at the funeral of Mike Franks.
- The Boxer Rebellion- "Caught by the Light" is heard playing in the background as the NCIS team except for Palmer and Ziva attend Franks's funeral.
- Muse Watson (Mike Franks) is credited but only appears in flashbacks of previous episodes. In addition, he provides a voice over while Gibbs reads his letter.
- Matt Craven who plays the new SecNav worked with Rocky Carroll in the movie Crimson Tide where they both played members of a sub crew.
- The song playing in the background as Mike Franks is laid to rest is The Boxer Rebellion- Caught by the Light.
|Leroy Jethro Gibbs||Mark Harmon||Special Agent in charge of the Major Case Response Team, NCIS.|
|Anthony DiNozzo||Michael Weatherly||Senior Special Agent, MCRT, NCIS.|
|Ziva David||Cote de Pablo||Junior Special Agent, MCRT, NCIS.|
|Timothy McGee||Sean Murray||Special Agent, MCRT, NCIS.|
|Abigail Sciuto||Pauley Perrette||Chief Forensic Specialist, NCIS.|
|Donald Mallard||David McCallum||Chief Medical Examiner, NCIS.|
|Leon Vance||Rocky Carroll||Director of NCIS.|
|James Palmer||Brian Dietzen||Assistant Medical Examiner.|
|Michael Franks||Muse Watson||Former Supervisory Agent of NIS/NCIS, he was killed in the previous episode.|
|Special Agent Trent Kort||David Dayan Fisher||Special Agent, CIA.|
|Leyla Shakarji||Tehima Sunny||Daughter in-law of Mike Franks and Liam O'Neill's widow.|
|Former Secretary of the Navy Phillip Davenport||Jude Ciccolella||Secretary of the Navy who resigns after the events surrounding Jonas Cobb, the Port-to-Port Killer.|
|Pamela Cook||Vera Miao||Vance's Secretary.|
|Erica Jane Barrett||Sarah Jane Morris||Special Agent in Charge of a team formerly based in Rota, Spain, she was captured and placed in the trunk of the car.|
|Simon Cade||Matt Willig||NCIS Special Agent attached to Barrett's MCRT previously stationed in Rota.|
|Gayne Levin||Alimi Ballard||NCIS Special Agent attached to Barrett's MCRT previously stationed in Rota. Shot and killed by Jonas Cobb.|
|Special Agent Ray Cruz, CIA||Enrique Murciano||Ziva's boyfriend.|
|Lieutenant Jonas Cobb, USN||Kerr Smith||United States Navy/Port-to-Port Killer/CIA Prototype.|
|Secretary of the Navy Clayton Jarvis||Matt Craven||The new Secretary of the Navy who replaces Philip Davenport after Davenport resigns from the position following the Port-to-Port killer incident.|