They reported to the United States Navy Watcher Fleet, which was responsible for monitoring communications and interactions around the world to predict terrorist attacks against the United States Navy. The Phantom Eight was created to pre-emptively strike at these terrorist attacks before they could occur.
Each Phantom Eight operative was fitted with a microchip in their left forearm which gave them access to anywhere in the world as well as to the Watcher Fleet database and could allow them to bypass any electronic lock.
- Sean Latham, Commanding Officer - Deceased, Killed by Jonathan Cole.
- Jonathan Cole, Former U.S. Army Green Beret - Deceased, Killed by Harper Dearing.
- Felix Wright, U.S. Navy Captain - Deceased, Killed by Jonathan Cole.
- Gayne Levin, U.S. Navy, later NCIS Special Agent - Deceased, Killed by Jonas Cobb.
- Carter Plimpton, Civilian - Deceased, Killed by Bruce Johnson.
- Three unidentified male members.