Pay to Play is the 9th episode of NCIS Season 14 and the 315th episode of the entire NCIS series.
The NCIS team investigate a series of escalating threats against Congresswoman Jenna Flemming while Vance oversees temporary protection detail for Congresswoman Flemming.
- M16 agent Clayton Reeves is revealed to be working at NCIS under an international basis.
- It is revealed that Reeves is working Operation Willoughby, and that Quinn knew about the operation from her time at FLETC. Reeves also stated his reasons for undergoing the operation (which was considered a suicide mission) were personal ones (which would be revealed in Willoughby (episode)).
- A side step for Rule 17 (which had earlier been revealed in Privileged Information (episode)) was revealed, where a member of the MCRT can send a text to the person accompanying member of the MCRT during an interrogation to discreetly have them leave the room without actually interrupting Gibbs if they uncovered information relating to the case.
- The episode was originally meant to air on November 15, 2016. However, after Home of the Brave (episode) was moved from November 1 to November 15 due to the MLB World Series, Pay to Play has been postponed to December while Enemy Combatant (episode) aired on November 22nd instead.
- Despite being the 8th episode of the season, it aired as the 9th episode. In addition, this is also the 314th episode of the entire NCIS although it aired as the 315th. In large part because of this, M16 agent Clayton Reeves's presence at NCIS is treated as if it were a first time event despite Reeves already appearing earlier in Enemy Combatant.
|Leroy Jethro Gibbs||Mark Harmon||Special Agent in charge of the NCIS Major Case Response Team.|
|Abigail Sciuto||Pauley Perrette||Chief Forensic Specialist for the NCIS Major Case Response Team.|
|Timothy McGee||Sean Murray (actor)||Senior Special Agent and second-in command of the NCIS Major Case Response Team.|
|Nicholas Torres||Wilmer Valderrama||Special Agent for the NCIS Major Case Response Team.|
|Alexandra Quinn||Jennifer Esposito||Special Agent for the NCIS Major Case Response Team.|
|Eleanor Bishop||Emily Wickersham||Probationary Agent for the NCIS Major Case Response Team.|
|James Palmer||Brian Dietzen||Assistant Medical Examiner for the NCIS Major Case Response Team.|
|Leon Vance||Rocky Carroll||Director of NCIS.|
|Donald Mallard||David McCallum||Chief Medical Examiner for the NCIS Major Case Response Team.|
|Clayton Reeves||Duane Henry||Officer with MI6.|
|Jenna Flemming||Mary Stuart Masterson||House of Representatives congresswoman|
|Laurie Perkins||Ciera Payton|
|Max Sanders||Tommy Savas|
|Angelo Tiffe||Jed Hamilton|
|Peter Alden||Jeff Griggs|
|Amy Barrett||June Schreiner|
|Thomas Garscott||Michael Canavan||Retired Navy Admiral.|
|Fern Robbins||Mary Anne McGarry|
|Mary Barrett||Katherine Disque|
|Nathan Roberts||Tom Costello|
|Carlton Laymer||David Lengel|
|Big Ed||Brad Grunberg|
|Simon Lee||Unknown actor||A critic of Congresswoman Flemming.|