NCIS: New Orleans is a spin-off series of NCIS executive produced by Mark Harmon and Gary Glasberg. The pilot episode aired toward the end of NCIS Season 11 as the 2-part episode Crescent City (episode) and Crescent City Part 2 (episode).
CBS has not reported if the series will be filmed in New Orleans or California. NCIS: New Orleans will be featuring investigative cases from Pensacola through Mississippi and Louisiana to the Texas panhandle.
- NCIS Special Agent Dwayne Cassius Pride (Scott Bakula) – A charismatic and full of life, a man who savours every moment but can be rock-solid and strong when needed.
- NCIS Special Agent Christopher LaSalle (Lucas Black) - A handsome, born-and-bred Louisiana, a former Sheriff's deputy who's been through some rough times.
- NCIS Special Agent Meredith "Merri" Brody (Zoe McLellan) - A full of insights, no-nonsense, put together, a government employee façade on an Ivy League mind, Brody is Grace Kelly-like in her class, pomp and circumstance.
- Dr. Loretta Wade (C. C. H. Pounder) - A outspoken and seriously on her game. She's often intentionally full of contradictions.
- This is the second time Zoe McLellan has appeared in the NCIS franchise. She appeared in NCIS's parent series, JAG as Petty Officer Jennifer Coates.
- Special Agent D. Pride's wife will be played by Paige Turco.
- Scott Bakula previously starred in Quantum Leap, which was created by Donald Bellisario, the creator of NCIS.
- It was made official May 9th 2014 that NCIS New Orleans will air 2014-2015 on CBS.
- The first season of NCIS: New Orleans will start September 23rd 2014 and will air directly following NCIS.