Prior to joining the NCIS: New Orleans team, Brody originally served as the NCIS Special Agent Afloat on board the USS Moultrie. In 2010, she confronted a terrorist on board the ship but before she could shoot the suspect, they were able to detonate an Improvised Explosive Device (IED). She hails from Michigan State University.
After the bombing, Brody was reassigned to the Chicago Office of NCIS. She later requested a reassignment and as such, was sent to assist the New Orleans office to help the agents there with the case concerning the death of Representative and former NIS Agent Dan McLane despite New Orleans agent Dwayne Cassius Pride insisting that he and agent Christopher LaSalle could handle the case.
Following the case, Brody became an official member of the New Orleans team.
Gibbs and Brody previously worked together on a classified operation. When Dwayne Pride attempted to ask Gibbs about the operation, Gibbs replied that it was classified. Whether the operation occurred during Brody's tenure aboard the Moultrie or during her time in Chicago is unknown.
Pride is unsure what to make of Special Agent Brody, he initially was slow to trust her especially after he finds out that she requested reassignment. Although, after becoming acquainted with Brody over breakfast and reviewing a file pertaining to Brody he was willing to give her a chance to prove herself.
By the end of the McLane case, Pride offered Brody a position in his team and she accepted.
LaSalle first met Brody in the NOLA office and they slowly warmed up to form an amicable working relationship.
LaSalle also helped Brody find a new place to stay in New Orleans.
- Brody is played by Zoe McLellan who previously appeared in NCIS's parent series, JAG as Petty Officer First Class Jennifer Coates.
- In the backdoor pilot, Brody carried a Sig P228 and was left handed while in the NOLA series, Brody carries a Glock 26 and appears to be right handed which suggests that Brody may be to some extent ambidextrous although she has been seen holding a pen in her left hand in the most recent NCIS: New Orleans episode.
- Brody has a black belt in Aikido.
- Brody has an ex-fiance with a weird fruit salad fetish.
- Brody may or may not have a tattoo.
- Brody prefers to keep her personal and work lives separate.