- "Sure. If someone yells for a Doctor."
- —Rish before attempting to kill Gibbs in the Season 1 premiere episode, "Yankee White".
Leonard Rish was a reporter who was following President George Walker Bush and also had the clearance required to travel aboard Air Force One.
Using the stroking as a distraction, Rish was successful in ensuring that all the Secret Service personnel except for Agent Todd were solely devoted to the incident in the Press Cabin and having gotten a key card, broke into the weapons area of the plane.
Assembling a machine gun, Rish attempted to complete his mission but NCIS Special Agent Leroy Jethro Gibbs who had caught onto his plan dispatched Agent Todd to protect the President before returning to the weapons area where he grabbed a gun and set off after Rish.
Luckily, Major Carl Pritchard managed to stop Rish from entering the quarters, giving Gibbs just enough time to emerge and demand for Rish to surrender.
Rish raised his gun towards Gibbs but his shots missed and seconds later, Gibbs shot Rish, resulting in his death while also saving the President's life in the process although the FBI later took credit for what had happened.
On the outside, Rish seems like a normal, ordinary journalist. However, he is incapable of any remorse as demonstrated when he poisons his victims including his own cameraman.
Rish is so devoted to his cause that he will never surrender and will committ suicide by cop, a term used to describe criminals who would rather die than be arrested by the police and spend the rest of their lives in jail.
- Commander Ray Trapp- (poisoned his uniform with venom from a snake, causing Trapp to suffer a heart attack and stroke, resulting in his death).
- Major Timothy Kerry- (suffered the same fate as Trapp).
- Stan, Rish's cameraman- (poisoned).
- George W. Bush- (attempted to get into his quarters to kill the President but Major Carl Pritchard stopped him).
- Leroy Jethro Gibbs- (attempted, failed).