Leonard Rish was a reporter who was following President George W. Bushnd also had the clearance required to travel aboard Air Force One.
In addition, Rish was also a terrorist and a member of the group, al-Qaeda with Rish attempting to kill United States President George W. Bush in September 2003 with Rish's efforts ultimately failing thanks to the efforts of NCIS Special Agent Leroy Jethro Gibbs who shot and killed Rish.
Much of Rish's past was never revealed but it's presumed that at some point, he opted to join al-Qaeda and it's also possible that he participated in some operations of some kind.
At some point, the al-Qaeda group Rish was a part of opted to strike at the heart of America by choosing to kill the current President of the United States with Rish being chosen.
NCIS Season 1Edit
Using the stroking as a distraction, Rish was successful in ensuring that all the Secret Service personnel except for Agent Todd were solely devoted to the incident in the Press Cabin and having gotten a key made, broke into the weapons area of the plane.
Assembling a machine gun, Rish attempted to complete his mission but NCIS Special Agent Leroy Jethro Gibbs who had caught onto his plan dispatched Agent Todd to protect the President before returning to the weapons area where he grabbed a gun and set off after Rish.
Luckily, Major Carl Pritchard managed to stop Rish from entering the quarters, giving Gibbs just enough time to emerge and demand for Rish to surrender.
Rish raised his gun towards Gibbs but his shots missed and seconds later, Gibbs shot Rish, resulting in his death while also saving the President's life in the process although the FBI later took credit for what had happened.
- Commander Ray Trapp- (poisoned his uniform with venom from a Coastal Taipan, causing Trapp to suffer both a fatal heart attack and stroke, resulting in his death).
- Major Timothy Kerry- (suffered the same fate as Trapp).
- Stan, Rish's cameraman- (poisoned).
- George W. Bush- (attempted to get into his quarters to kill the President but Major Carl Pritchard stopped him).
- Leroy Jethro Gibbs- (attempted, failed).
- Rish holds the distinction of being the first ever villain of the entire NCIS solo series and also the first ever criminal of the NCIS main series to have died in a shootout between himself and an NCIS Special Agent.