The team investigate the death of a navy diver with the investigation leading them to their counterparts with the Coast Guard Investigation Service with whom they share many common traits. However, the investigation takes a turn when it's discovered the body in question is not that of the navy driver but it's actually someone else...
|Leroy Jethro Gibbs||Mark Harmon||Special Agent in charge of the Major Case Response Team, NCIS.|
|Anthony DiNozzo||Michael Weatherly||Senior Special Agent, MCRT, NCIS.|
|Ziva David||Cote de Pablo||Former Mossad Liaison Officer to NCIS MCRT. Now Probationary Special Agent on the MCRT.|
|Timothy McGee||Sean Murray||Special Agent, MCRT, NCIS.|
|Abigail Sciuto||Pauley Perrette||Chief Forensic Specialist, NCIS.|
|Donald Mallard||David McCallum||Chief Medical Examiner, NCIS.|
|Leon Vance||Rocky Carroll||Director of NCIS.|
|James Palmer||Brian Dietzen||Assistant Medical Examiner.|
|CGIS Special Agent Abigail Borin||Diane Neal||The head of CGIS, NCIS's counterpart. Is an exact copy of Gibbs in terms of personality and attitude. She also seems to be the female version of Gibbs.|
|CGIS Special Agent Kyle Omagi||Eddie Shin||Borin's second-in-command who also calls her Boss.|
|Missy Dawkins||Shanna Moakler||Girlfriend of the victim.|
|Andrea Mavrey||Gabrielle Miller||The grieving widow who was actually Lt. Michael Jensen's accomplice.|
|Hubble||Larry Brandenburg||A man who appears in the episode.|
|Sergeant Davis Carter, USMC||Richard Tillman||A man who appears in the episode.|
|Private Fricker, USMC||Haran Jackson||A man who appears in the episode.|
|Dr. Victor Kalsa||Aaron Lustig||A surgeon who performs the online surgeries for Dr. Mavrey.|
|Lieutenant Michael Jensen, USN||Brody Hutzler||Originally thought to have been the victim on the beach but it was later revealed that he had faked his own death.|
|Molly Choi||Hong Chau||FBI Lab Tech.|
|Unnamed Nurse (Jurisdiction)||Pamela Shaddock||A woman who appears in the episode.|
- CGIS Special Agent Abigail Borin aka "Abby" is introduced for the first time.
- During the beginning of the episode, while the NCIS team are examining the body at the beach, a dolphin can clearly be seen surfacing in the background.
- The white star necklace that Abby is wearing is the same necklace that she wore in the episode, Stakeout (episode) and Truth or Consequences (episode).
- The theme of this episode, a team that resembles the members of the NCIS team, was also done in the episode, Doppelgänger (episode).
- The set used for the Mavrey's house is the one that was used for Director Shepard's house.
- The song playing in Abby's lab when she becomes increasingly frustrated with failing to get into the victim's laptop is "Chaotic" by Collide. Interestingly, the same song was heard in the NCIS: Los Angeles episode, "Random on Purpose" in the scene where Abby was kidnapped by a serial killer named the Phantom.
|NCIS Season Seven|
|Truth or Consequences ♦ Reunion ♦ The Inside Man ♦ Good Cop, Bad Cop ♦ Code of Conduct ♦ Killshot (NCIS:LA) ♦ Outlaws and In-Laws ♦ Endgame ♦ Power Down ♦ Child's Play ♦ Faith ♦ Ignition ♦ Flesh and Blood ♦ Jet Lag ♦ Masquerade ♦ Jack Knife ♦ Mother's Day ♦ Double Identity ♦ Jurisdiction ♦ Guilty Pleasure ♦ Moonlighting ♦ Obsession ♦ Borderland ♦ Patriot Down ♦ Rule Fifty-One|