Harper Dearing was the CEO of Dorado Hills Investments, a multinational venture capital group that specialized in technology companies and also a terrorist targeting both NCIS and the United States Navy after his son, Evan was killed in an explosion.
Dearing's reign of terror and his campaign of terror finally ended in May 2012 when Leroy Jethro Gibbs, the leader of the NCIS Major Case Response Team tracked Dearing down and stabbed the other man with a knife, finally ending Dearing's rampage for good while also resulting in Dearing's death.
Born in Augusta, Georgia, Dearing was the son of a local banker and a civilian.
In his youth, he worked as a golf caddy and also bagged groceries for others all through high school. He was later accepted into the Mount Roosevelt University in Kensington, Maryland.
While at the college, he excelled in the study of art, literature and psychology, eventually gaining a Bachelor's Degree.
In 1976, Dearing and a group of friends began a small company that eventually grew into Dorado Hills Investments
At some point, Dearing also met Victoria Dearing with the two later marrying and having a son, Evan Dearing.
Dearing was proud when Evan joined the United States Navy as a sailor but Evan and two other members of the Navy later played a practical joke on one of the members of NCIS by videotaping the member in question having sex and then showing it to the other members of the Navy, making it a felony.
This resulted in Evan being reassigned to another ship, the U.S.S. Brandywine where Evan later died from the destruction of the vessel he was on due to faulty hulls on the Navy Ships, and the fleet wasn't entirely updated completely due to the events of 9/11.
Evan's death turned Dearing for the worst as he began getting DUIs and other disturbing behavior that eventually led to him and his wife getting a divorce.
Unable to cope with Evan's death, Dearing eventually became a terrorist hellbent on exacting revenge against both the Navy and NCIS who he blamed for sending his son, Evan to his death.
He embarked on a long campaign, leaving nothing but a trail of carnage, destruction and death in his wake.
NCIS Season 9Edit
NCIS Season 10Edit
- The following were involved in the Cargo ship bombing:
- Bruce Johnson- (Killed with a car bomb when he started the ignition and switched it off).
- Freddie Fountain- (Killed with a single shot to the chest to send NCIS on a wild goose chase).
- Leon Vance - (Abducted from the airport; survived).
- Blake Larson - (Blown up in his own house in revenge for sending his son to the ship that he was killed on).
- Dr. Samantha Ryan- (Forced her and her son to go into hiding after bribing a judge into releasing her ex-husband, a well known felon, under a technicality).
- The NCIS bombing (one known fatality):
- Jonathan Cole- (Killed in the explosion triggered by Dearing)
- The hotel bombing (five fatalities):
- Four unnamed FBI agents
- Leroy Jethro Gibbs- (attempted to shoot but Gibbs killed him first).
- Carter Plimpton- (Hired Bruce Johnson to interrogate him and later to kill him).
- The following were killed in the U.S.S. Brewer bombing:
- Stanley Burley- (Andre Fullerton attempted to kill him while trying to set a bomb on the Benjamin Franklin).
- Ned Dorneget- (Was implanted with a fake tooth that contained a listening device by Dr. Jay Berman, under Dearing's orders).
- Donald Mallard- (Had a heart attack caused by stress relating to the discovery of the NCIS bombing).