Eric James Kutzler was a Lieutenant in the United States Navy and also the main murder victim in We Build, We Fight (episode).
In 2011, LT Kutzler was part of a Construction Battalion unit in Afghanistan who jumped on a live grenade to save his men. This action led to his nomination for the Medal of Honor.
After his injury, LT Kutzler spent 18 months recovering at Walter Reed before returning to duty.
LT Kutzler was due to become the first openly-gay Medal of Honor recipient at the time of his murder; after his death, his widower, Virginia State Trooper Vince Armstrong, accepted the Medal on his behalf posthumously.
Awards and decorations Edit
Here is a list of awards and decorations worn by LT Kutzler:
- Medal of Honor (posthumously)
- Purple Heart
- Navy & Marine Corps Commendation Medal
- Meritorious Unit Commendation
- National Defense Service Medal
- Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
- Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
- Sea Service Deployment Ribbon
- Navy & Marine Corps Overseas Service Medal
- Seabee Combat Warfare Specialist insignia