Many regard Borin as the Coast Guard equivalent of Gibbs in more than just position, but also in personality. Gibbs and Borin seem like good friends as they joke about things, like how often they meet on Ships in the Night.
They are so much alike that people think they must be related.
Originally from a small town in Ohio and an only child, Borin served a tour of duty in Iraq as a Sergeant before presumably retiring from the Marines and joining CGIS where she later rose through the ranks, eventually getting the opportunity to lead her own team.
It should also be noted that her story is similar to that of Gibbs.
Borin and Gibbs have the following in common:
- Run their own team and head slap their team mates.
- They're both only children from their respective families.
- Have their own rules.
- Served as Marines and upon retiring, joined an Investigative Service agency before becoming the leader of their own individual teams.
- Coffee lovers. They are implied to even take their coffee the same way.
- Have gut feelings about anything and they don't believe in coincidences.
- Are called "Boss" by their team mates.